One of the world’s most famous locomotives, the Flying Scotsman was built in 1923 for a cost of £7,944 (over £491,000 in today’s money). It was the first locomotive to reach 100mph and travel the world.
Our delightful Flying Scotsman train is licensed from the National Railway Museum and will zoom along a wooden rail track, either as a solo engine or with carriages attached to its magnetic coupling.
It even has the famous Apple Green shade. Did you know that in the Second World War it got painted as wartime black before being green again? The Flying Scotsman is a wonderful realistic addition to any wooden train set!
Magnetic couplings ensure the Flying Scotman’s compatibility with all other engines and carriages in the Bigjigs Rail range. Most other major wooden railway brands are compatible. Beautifully packaged with educational information about the engine's evolution and working life.
Flying Scotsman Train product features:
- Flying Scotsman replica engine
- Magnetic couplings and steering wheels enable it to pull a full compliment of carriages
- Compatible with Bigjigs Rail train sets & most other wooden railway brands
- Packaged with educational information about the engine's evolution and working life
- 3.5cm L x 5cm H x 19.5cm W
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact us by
email at email@example.com
Or phone us directly at our shop in Dublin at +353 (01) 8727100.
We're here to answer any questions that you might have regarding our shop.